Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR 570.
Warning: Improperly connecting or disconnecting battery cables can result in an explosion and cause serious injury or death. When removing the battery, always disconnect the black (negative) cable first. When reinstalling the battery, always connect the black (negative) cable last.
To remove the battery on your RZR 570 follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in park and remove the key.
3. Remove the driver's seat to access the battery.
- Pull up on the seat latch lever located, shown in the photo below.
- Tilt the seat forward.
- Lift the seat upward to remove it from the vehicle.
2. On conventional batteries, remove the battery vent tube.
3. Disconnect the black (negative) battery cable first with a 10mm socket.
4. Disconnect the red (positive) battery cable last with a 10mm socket.
5. Remove the hold-down strap and lift the battery out of the vehicle. Be careful not to tip a conventional battery sideways, which could spill electrolyte. If electrolyte spills, immediately wash it off with a solution of one tablespoon baking soda and one cup water to prevent damage to the vehicle.
Using a new battery that has not been fully charged can damage the battery and result in a shorter life. It can also hinder vehicle performance. An optional extreme use battery may be available for your model. If the performance of the factory-installed battery is inadequate due to operation in extreme cold or due to extended use of multiple electrical accessories, please see your Polaris Dealer. Ask your dealer to provide any installation procedures that may differ for an extreme use battery.
To install a battery on your RZR 570, follow these steps:
1. Ensure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Place the battery in the battery holder. Secure it with the hold-down strap.
3. On conventional batteries, install the battery vent tube (sealed batteries do not have a vent tube). The vent tube must be free of obstructions and securely installed. Route the tube away from the frame and vehicle body to prevent contact with electrolyte. Warning: Battery gases can accumulate in an improperly installed vent tube and cause an explosion, resulting in serious injury or death. Always ensure that the vent tube is free of obstructions and is securely installed as recommended.
4. Coat the terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
5. Connect and tighten the red (positive) cable first. Torque to 5 ft-lbs (7 Nm).
6. Connect and tighten the black (negative) cable last. Torque to 5 ft-lbs (7 Nm).
7. Verify that the cables are properly routed.
8. Reinstall the driver's seat.
- Replace the driver's seat in the vehicle while tilting the seat forward.
- Be sure the seat tabs at the front edge of the seat slide under the seat retainer bar. Press down firmly at the rear of the seat to engage the rear latch.
9. Turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset. More information can be found in Setting the Clock on Your RZR.
Learn more about caring for your battery by reading Battery Charging and Maintenance Tips.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.