Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris Scrambler. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. To clean or replace the air filter on your 2020+ Scrambler XP 1000 S, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Remove the seat by pulling upward abruptly on the rear to disengage the grommet.
4. Clean the area around the airbox cover.
5. Remove the rubber end of the clutch duct.
6. Release the airbox cover strap and remove the airbox cover.
7. Inspect the airbox cover seal for damage and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5813359.
8. Remove the air filter assembly from the airbox by twisting and pulling rearward.
9. Slip the pre-filter screen off the main filter and inspect the screen for tears or damage.
10. Inspect the main filter and replace if necessary. The air filter is part number 7082101. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. Caution: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter
11. Wash the pre-filter screen with hot soapy water. Rinse and let dry completely.
12. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Caution: Dirt or debris in the intake could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake before installing the filter.
13. Reinstall the pre-filter screen over the main filter. Be sure the screen covers the entire surface of the main filter without folds, creases or gaps.
14. Install the air filter assembly into the airbox and make sure it is fully seated. Proper placement of the air filter is important to prevent air leaks. Caution: Use of non-Polaris-approved air filters may cause engine damage. Always use Polaris-approved replacement filters. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
15. Insert the two alignment tabs at the bottom of the cover into the airbox and install the rubber strap.
16. Inspect the airbox sealing surface and verify the cover is fully seated.
17. Reinstall the rubber end of the clutch duct with the opening facing away from the airbox.
18. Reinstall the seat by lining up the locators in front and pushing down on the rear.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.