|Required Tools and Supplies|
|10mm Socket||T25 TORX® Socket|
|T30 TORX® Socket||T40 TORX® Socket
(NorthStar Ultimate Models Only)
|Pliers||1/8-Inch Drill Bit|
|Shop Rags||Nitrile Gloves|
|Eye Protection||Winch Remote|
For more information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RANGER. To install the winch remote (part number 2883455) on your RANGER 1000 or RANGER XP 1000, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface. Place it in PARK, and remove the key.
2. Flip up the passenger seat bottom and remove the storage compartment underneath.
3. Using a 10mm socket, disconnect the negative battery cable and set it aside. Caution: Always remove the negative battery cable first to prevent arcing.
4. Move to the front of the vehicle and release the two quarter-turn latches on the hood. Pivot the hood back and remove from the vehicle.
5. On NorthStar Ultimate models, pull up on the windshield handle and open the tip-out windshield. Also remove the three fasteners securing the windshield lock mount to the dash.
6. Using a pliers, remove the two center dash trim panel rivets. Then slide the trim panel rearward to gain access to the main harness.
7. Mount the wireless receiver to the right side of the under-hood liner using the four provided fasteners. Models with a windshield washer reservoir will need this receiver mounted with the harness side forward. Then install the provided fasteners and use a T30 TORX® socket to torque until fully seated.
8. Continue by routing the receiver connectors rearward through the bulkhead grommet and into the dash compartment.
9. Locate the pre-wired main harness connector under the dash. This will be connected to the main switch connector.
10. Disconnect the switch connector from the main vehicle harness breakout connector. Then connect the switch connector to the wireless receiver harness.
11. Continue by joining the wireless remote connector to the main vehicle harness breakout connector.
12. Reinstall the center dash trim by aligning the front retaining tabs and sliding forward. Secure the dash trim with the previously removed push rivets.
13. On NorthStar Ultimate models, reinstall the windshield lock mount, and torque the fasteners until fully seated.
14. Lower the tip-out windshield and lock into place.
15. Move to the front of the vehicle and realign the lower retaining tabs on the hood. Then pivot forward and secure the two quarter-turn latches.
16. If desired, select a mounting location for the wireless remote holder. This location should not obstruct any of the driver's shifting and use of steering components or impact their vision.
- Using the holder as a template, mark the two mounting holes. Before drilling, ensure there are no existing vehicle components behind the marked holes that would be damaged.
- Using an 1/8-inch drill bit, drill the two marked holes into the mounting surface.
- Mount the holder using the two provided fasteners. Using a T25 TORX® socket, torque until fully seated.
17. Reinstall the negative battery cable. Torque to 40 in-lbs (4.5 Nm).
18. Reinstall the storage compartment and passenger seat bottom.
19. The wireless remote will allow the user to operate the winch from outside the vehicle.
To operate the winch remote:
- Start the engine to prevent the battery from draining.
- Then hold the power button on the remote for 3 seconds or until the LED light illuminates.
- Press and hold the IN button to recover the winch cable.
- To extend the winch cable, press and hold the OUT button on the remote.
- The wireless remote will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity. To manually turn it off, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds or until the LED light extinguishes.
For more information on winch operation, read the Winch Guide. For troubleshooting steps, read the instructions.
View the full line of Polaris winches or visit your local Polaris Dealer for more information on winches. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc