The RANGER XP 1000 EPS NorthStar Edition and RANGER CREW XP 1000 EPS NorthStar Edition feature factory-installed heating and air conditioning. For more information, read RANGER XP 1000 NorthStar Cooling System Maintenance.
This article will explain how to operate the system, clean air conditioning filters and clean the condenser. Only licensed and certified professionals are allowed to check and maintain AC refrigerant levels. Contact a Polaris Dealer for assistance.
The HVAC control panel, pictured below, can be found in the center of the vehicle's dash.
(1) Fan Control: Operates the cab heater. Rotate to the desired fan speed setting or far left to turn the fan OFF.
(2) Temperature Control: Adjust the temperature by rotating to the desired heat setting. Rotate the control clockwise to increase heat or counterclockwise to decrease heat.
(3) Air Conditioning (AC) Switch: Press the top of the switch to enable the air conditioning system for cooling or defrost purposes.
The air conditioning filter is located below the dash, shown below.
To clean the filter:
1. Using the pliers included in the vehicle’s tool kit, remove the two push dart fasteners holding the lower center dash bin in place and remove the bin.
2. Remove the filter by pressing on the retaining tab on the right side of the filter.
3. Clean the filter with low air pressure. Check for damage and replace if damaged (part number 5453517).
The cabin air filter is located under the hood, shown below.
To clean the filter:
1. Remove the hood and the cabin air filter by loosening the hose clamp with a flat screwdriver.
2. Clean the filter with low air pressure. Check for damage and replace if damaged (part number 1262218).
Washing the vehicle with a high-pressure hose could damage the radiator fins and impair the radiator's effectiveness. Using a high-pressure system is not recommended.
The condenser is located at the front of the vehicle, behind the grille.
To clean your condenser, do the following:
1. Stop the machine on a flat, level surface. Place the gear selector in PARK. Stop the engine and exit the vehicle.
2. Remove the hood or front grille to access the condenser.
On model year 2017 vehicles, turn the two fasteners counterclockwise a quarter turn and open or remove the hood. See the illustration below for detail.
On Model Year 2018 and newer vehicles, push down on the two grille tabs (1) and pull the top of the grille toward the front of the vehicle to remove. See the illustration below for detail.
3. Use low-pressure air or water to clean the condenser.
4. Reinstall the hood or front grille and ensure it is snapped into place.
Only licensed and certified professionals are allowed to check and maintain air conditioning refrigerant levels. If you need service performed on your air conditioning system, see your Polaris Dealer. To find a Polaris Dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
For more maintenance information for your RANGER, consult your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.