The vertical aim of your Polaris snowmobile's headlights can be tested using the following procedure. It is important to complete the steps below in order to achieve optimal headlight performance.
1. In a well-ventilated area, position the snowmobile on a level surface with the headlight approximately 25 feet (7.6 m) from a wall (1), as shown in the above diagram.
2. Place the rider or the approximate weight of the rider on the seat or tunnel floorboards.
3. Measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight and make a mark on the wall at the same height.
4. Start the engine. Move the headlight switch to high beam.
5. Observe the headlight aim on the wall. On AXYS platform snowmobiles, the most intense part of the headlight beam should be 2 inches (5 cm) below the mark on the wall (2, as shown above). On Matryx models, which are equipped with the projector beam LED NightBlade headlight, there should be a distinct horizontal line on the wall from the low beam. That line should align with the mark on the wall (2, below).
6. Shut off the engine. To prevent serious injury, NEVER attempt to adjust the headlight while the engine is running.
6. If an adjustment is necessary, locate the headlight adjuster. It will be found in one of three locations.
- On AYXS models, the headlight adjuster location is below the headlight. It can be accessed through the left side panel, as shown in the two photos below. Turn the adjuster knob clockwise to lower the beam. Turn it counterclockwise to raise the beam.
- On Matryx models, the adjuster knob is located on the back of the headlight. It can be accessed by removing the snowmobile's left side panel. The knob is located at the rear of the light, above the plug. Turn the adjuster knob clockwise to lower the beam. Turn it counterclockwise to raise the beam.
- On other models, the headlight adjuster can be found to the left of the instrument cluster, as shown in the diagram below.
- Move the adjuster (1) to the left to adjust the headlight beam upward. Move the adjuster to the right to adjust the beam downward.
For more maintenance procedures, consult your Owner's Manual.
To find replacement parts for your snowmobile, view the online parts catalog.
To find a Polaris Dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.