|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Torque Wrench||Ratchet||Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly|
|8mm Socket||T40 TORX® Socket||Shop Rags|
|Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
For more information, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear nitrile gloves and safety glasses while servicing your Polaris RZR.
To remove and install the battery on your RZR Pro XP, follow these steps:
1. Place the vehicle in PARK.
2. Ensure the key switch is set to the OFF position.
3. Route the driver’s seat harness out of the way to aid in seat removal.
4. Next, pull up on the front seat lever and pivot forward to remove the seat from the vehicle.
5. Underneath the seat, you will find the battery. Use an 8mm socket to remove the black negative battery cable fastener. Set the cable aside. Caution: The negative battery cable must be removed first to prevent arcing.
6. Then remove the red positive battery cable fastener with an 8mm socket. Set the cable aside. Tip: Reinstall the cable fasteners into the battery posts to prevent them from dropping.
7. Using a T40 TORX® socket, remove the two battery bracket fasteners, and lift the bracket out of the vehicle.
8. Pull the battery toward the driver’s side of the vehicle and tilt it up to remove.
9. If reusing the battery, ensure it is fully charged. Caution: Using a new battery that has not been fully charged can damage the battery and result in a shorter life. It can also hinder vehicle performance
10. Ensure the battery is clean and free of debris. Refer to the article on Battery Charging and Maintenance for proper cleaning and maintenance techniques.
11. Install the battery on its side with the terminals facing up and slide toward the passenger side of the vehicle. The battery is part number 4014609.
12. Install the battery bracket over the battery and align with the mounting holes.
13. Install the two battery bracket fasteners. Torque to 53 inch-lbs (6 Nm).
14. Connect the red positive battery cable first. Torque to 42 inch-lbs (5 Nm).
15. Then connect the black negative battery cable. Torque to 42 inch-lbs (5 Nm).
16. Verify the battery cables are tightened securely.
17. Coat the terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
18. Reinstall the positive cable protector boot.
19. Turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. Tip: When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset. More information can be found in Setting the Clock on Your RZR.
20. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front bracket mounts and pushing down in the rear to engage the seat locks.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.