Note: The information in this article applies to model year 2015-2022 RANGER EV Mid-Size vehicles only.
Caution: When your RANGER EV Mid-Size is not in use, park it on a flat, level surface and connect the battery charger. Always maintain a full charge on the batteries. Do not allow the charge level to drop below 20 percent, and do not attempt to charge batteries externally. Only use the vehicle’s charging system.
To charge your battery, follow these steps:
1. Position the vehicle on a flat level surface, and ensure the charging area is well ventilated.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Ensure sure the key is off.
4. Release the two side straps on the hood and pivot back to open.
5. The vehicle’s charging cord is located underneath the hood on the right side. Inspect the charging cord for cracks, loose connections and frayed wiring. Replace any damaged components promptly.
6. Also inspect your extension cord for cracks, loose connections and frayed wiring. Replace as needed. Caution: Always use an extension cord with a minimum rating of 20 amps.
7. When connecting to the charger, always connect the vehicle charger to the extension cord first, and then plug the cord into a GFCI wall receptacle. Caution: Always make sure the charger uses a dedicated circuit to prevent overloading. If charging multiple vehicles, each vehicle should use a dedicated circuit.
8. When charging the batteries, the charge status indicator light flashes and changes color to indicate the status of the charge.
- A solid green light indicates the charge is complete. Notice: After the batteries have fully recharged, the battery charger will automatically cycle in and out of the trickle charge mode to maintain the charge.
- A fast flashing green light indicates less than 80 percent of the charge is completed.
- A slow flashing green light indicates more than 80 percent of charge is completed.
- A flashing amber light indicates that power mode is reduced. This can be caused by low AC voltage or a high internal charger temperature. Ensure the hood is open and there is adequate air flow.
- A flashing red light indicates a charger error. Reset the charger power and refer to troubleshooting section of your Owner's Manual.
9. When disconnecting the charger, always disconnect the extension cord from the wall receptacle first, and then disconnect the cord from the vehicle’s charging cord. Caution: Avoid charging at temperatures above 120 degrees F (49 C), and never connect jumper cables to any of the batteries in this vehicle.
To learn more about RANGER EV Mid-Size and other electric vehicles, listen to the It's Electric: Understanding RANGER EV, GEM and Other Polaris Electric Vehicles episode of the Polaris Podcast.
For information on charging your RANGER EV's batteries during storage, read RANGER EV Mid-Size Battery Storage.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.