|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Spark Plugs||18mm Socket||13/16-Inch Crow Foot|
|Torque Wrench||Spark Plug Wrench||Ratchet|
|Shop Rags||Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To change the spark plugs on your model year 2021 and newer Sportsman 570, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. Ensure the transmission is in PARK and set the parking brake.
3. Lift up on the rear of the seat and pull back to remove.
4. Clean the area around the spark plug.
5. Carefully lift up to remove the spark plug boot from the plug.
6. The spark plug socket in your tool kit can be combined with an 18mm socket to remove the plug.
7. Carefully remove the spark plug for inspection.
8. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion.
9. Also inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should be 0.027 inches (0.7mm).
10. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. The spark plug is MR7F, which is part number 3022662.
11. Install the spark plug into the engine. Torque to 18 to 22 ft-lbs (24-30 Nm) with a 13/16-inch crowfoot socket.
12. Reinstall the spark plug boot and ensure it is secure.
13. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front retaining tabs and pushing down in the rear.
14. Finally, start the engine to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.