Required Tools and Supplies
- Shop Rags
- 6mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Air Filter
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris Sportsman. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. To clean or replace the air filter on your Sportsman 6x6 570, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Lock the parking brake.
3. Pull up on the cargo box lever and tilt the cargo box.
4. Remove the seat by lifting straight up on the rear of the seat and sliding the seat out toward the rear of the vehicle.
5. Clean the area around the air filter cover.
6. Release the airbox cover clamps and remove the airbox cover.
7. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5813949.
8. Loosen the clamp with a 6mm socket and remove the air filter.
9. Remove the pre-filter from the air filter and inspect the pre-filter.
10. Inspect the main filter and replace if necessary. The air filter is part number 7082101. Notice: In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. Do not attempt to clean the air filter with compressed air. If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
11. Wipe down the airbox thoroughly. Caution: Dirt or debris in the airbox could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the airbox before installing the filter.
12. Clean the pre-filter with soapy water and allow it to air-dry.
13. Install the pre-filter on the main filter. Be sure the screen covers the entire surface of the main filter without folds, creases or gaps.
14. Install the main air filter in the airbox and ensure it is fully seated. The filter should rest on the filter supports. Proper placement of the air filter is important to prevent rattles and air leaks. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
15. Tighten the clamp. Torque to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
16. Install the airbox cover and clamp the fasteners.
17. Reinstall the seat and latch the cargo box.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.