|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8mm Allen Socket||Ratchet|
|Torque Wrench||Fluid Filler|
|Drain Pan||Shop Rags|
|Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. To change the transmission fluid on your RANGER 570 Mid-Size or RANGER CREW 570-4, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of fluid.
5. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the transmission fill plug and set aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 61 ounces (1,800 mL). AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.