|Required Tools and Supplies|
|5/8-Inch Spark Plug Socket||Torque Wrench|
|Air Chuck||Shop Rags|
|Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your model year 2021 and newer RZR Trail S 1000, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area. Ensure it is in PARK.
2. Pull up on the cargo box panel latch, and pivot the panel up and out to remove.
3. Before continuing, clean the area around the airbox. Removing this cover will help improve access to the spark plugs.
4. Release the two airbox cover straps.
5. Pivot the cover out and lift up to remove.
6. Inspect the airbox cover seal for any wear or damage, and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5814054.
7. Before continuing, clean the area around the spark plugs.
8. Remove the spark plug boots.
9. Before continuing, use an air chuck to blow any dirt or debris out of the spark plug wells with compressed air to prevent anything from falling into the cylinders.
10. Carefully loosen the spark plugs with a 5/8-inch spark plug socket, and remove from the vehicle. If reusing, take note of the cylinders they were installed in for reinstallation.
11. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup, and verify there are no cracks around the insulation. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion.
12. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should be 0.028 to 0.031 inches (0.7 to 0.8 mm).
13. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. The spark plug is NGK® MR7F, part number 3022662. Severe engine damage may occur if the incorrect spark plug is used.
14. Install the spark plugs into the engine. Torque to 7 ft-lbs (10 Nm). Do not apply anti-seize to the threads.
15. Reinstall the spark plug boots, ensuring they are fully seated.
16. Reinstall the airbox cover by aligning the lower retention tabs and pivoting in. Then secure the two cover straps.
17. Reinstall the cargo box panel by engaging the retaining tabs and locking into place. Then firmly press down on the panel to engage the latch.
18. In a well-ventilated area, start the engine to verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
NGK® is a registered trademark of NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.