|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8mm Allen Socket||Safety Glasses|
|Torque Wrench||Shop Rags|
|Fluid Filler||Drain Pan|
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR.
To change the transmission fluid on your RZR Pro XP or Pro XP 4, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to the prevent splashing of oil.
5. Remove the transmission fill plug, using an 8mm Allen socket, and set aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug, using an 8mm Allen socket, and allow the oil to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
11. Fill the transmission through the fill plug until the fluid begins to seep out of the fill plug. The capacity is 61 ounces (1800 ml). AGL Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
13. Clean any residual oil off of the vehicle.
14. Dispose of the used oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.