If you are replacing the drive belt, it is part number 3211202.
Required Tools and Supplies
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Torque Wrench
- Driven Clutch Spreader
- 8mm Socket
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your Polaris RZR.
To inspect or replace the drive belt on your RZR Pro XP, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in park.
3. Loosen the upper and lower PVT hose clamps on the outer PVT cover with an 8mm socket.
4. Loosen the 14 outer clutch cover fasteners with an 8mm socket.
5. Carefully maneuver the clutch cover out of the vehicle.
6. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5526344.
7. Mark the direction of travel on the drive belt.
8. Thread the clutch spreader tool included in the tool kit into the driven clutch to spread the sheaves. NOTE: Thread the spreader tool all the way into the driven clutch, until it bottoms out on the clutch bolt.
9. Carefully walk the belt off the clutch.
10. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage. Replace if needed. The drive belt is part number 3211202.
11. Clean out the inside of the clutch cover thoroughly. Warning: Failure to remove ALL debris when replacing the belt could result in vehicle damage, loss of control, and severe injury or death.
12. When reinstalling the belt, ensure the belt is installed in the same direction of travel. If replacing the belt, install it so that the part number on the belt is facing outward.
13. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave.
14. Completely remove the clutch spreader tool and reinstall it in the tool kit.
15. Spin the driven clutch five to seven times to seat the belt within the driven clutch.
16. Install the outer clutch cover from the rear of the vehicle and pivot onto the inner clutch cover. Important: Ensure the clutch cover seal is fully seated in the clutch cover when installing.
17. Torque the cover fasteners to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
18. Reinstall the PVT duct. Torque the upper and lower hose clamps to 25 in-lbs (3 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures, and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.