This procedure requires the use of an air filter. Purchase a Polaris air filter
Required Tools and Supplies
- Air Filter
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Safety Glasses
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter.
To clean or replace the air filter on your RZR 900, S 900 or S4 900, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Pull up on the latch, and remove the cargo box access panel.
3. Clean any dirt or debris from the airbox area.
4. Locate and disconnect the airbox cover straps and carefully remove the airbox cover. Check the cover seal, and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5814054.
5. Remove the air filter by pulling toward the passenger’s side of the vehicle.
6. Inspect the air filter, and replace if necessary. The air filter for a RZR 900, S 900 or S4 900 is part number 7082115.
- Do not attempt to clean the air filter with compressed air.
- If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
- Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
7. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Wipe well with a clean, dry cloth. Check the airbox cover seal.
8. Reinstall the air filter if clean or install a new filter. Ensure the filter is fully seated. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often.
9. Reinstall the airbox cover. Ensure the alignment tabs are properly positioned.
10. Secure the cover clips.
11. Reinstall the cargo box access panel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.