|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8mm Socket||T25 TORX®, T30 TORX® and T25 Short TORX® Sockets||Ratchet|
|Torque Wrench||Hammer||Small Hole Punch|
|Large Pliers||Wire Cutters||Flathead Screwdriver|
|Isopropyl Alcohol||Shop Rags||Safety Glasses & Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your snowmobile.
To install the 7S Display on your Matryx snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Before beginning, ensure the snowmobile is parked on a flat surface and the ignition is in the OFF position.
2. Remove both side panels by turning the three quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panels away from the sled and pull out to remove.
3. Disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
5. Disconnect the connector, and remove the hood from the sled.
6. Remove the windshield by freeing the windshield pegs from the rubber grommets. Pull the windshield from the rear corners first.
7. Place the hood upside down on a flat surface, and remove the three fasteners securing the headlight with a 8mm socket.
8. Remove the two fasteners that secure the hood trim with a T25 Short TORX® socket, and remove both pieces.
9. Remove the six fasteners that secure the hood cap to the hood with a T25 TORX® socket.
10. Remove the edge clip holding the wiring screen harness in place.
11. Carefully remove the hood cap.
12. Remove the friction hinges with a small hole punch.
13. Unlock the display door, and walk out the display and display door.
14. Begin assembling the 7S Display by using isopropyl alcohol to clean the area on the top inside of the hood cap labeled "GPS."
15. Remove the adhesive backing on the GPS antenna, and install the antenna, following the orientation marks on the top inside of the hood cap. Press down firmly to adhere the antenna.
16. Remove the dust cap from the area on top of the hood cap where the V2V antenna will be installed with a flathead screwdriver.
17. Once the cap is removed, use isopropyl alcohol to clean the area where the V2V antenna will be installed.
18. Install the V2V antenna by removing the red adhesive protector with a flathead screwdriver and tighten the nut until fully seated.
19 If installed, remove the display wire cover from the display to ease the wire connection process.
20. Install the display onto the display door using the top two provided fasteners. Torque to 53 in-lbs (6 Nm) with a T30 TORX® socket.
21. Connect the display connector and display USB connector to the display.
22. Connect the V2V antenna to the display in the location labeled "V2V gold."
23. Once the cables are connected, position the wire cover near the display itself and route the USB cable. Secure the USB port in the display wire cover clamp, and ensure the USB cable is not pinched before moving on.
24. Install the wire cover on the display door, using the bottom two provided fasteners. Ensure the tab of the wire cover is installed into the holder on the back of the display, and with a T30 TORX® socket, torque the fasteners to 53 in-lbs (6 Nm).
25. Secure the hood harness to the tab on the display wire cover with the edge clip, and route the harness and the V2V antenna out of the notch in the rear of the wire cover.
26. Assemble the new display door and display assembly onto the hood cap, and align the hinges with the new friction hinges.
27. Once aligned, install the new friction hinges, which should slide in until they are flush with the edge of the hood cap. Large pliers may be used to help slide the hinges into place.
28. Begin reassembly by carefully installing the hood cap onto the hood, ensuring not to damage both the V2V and GPS antenna as they route through the hole in the hood.
29. Install the six fasteners that secure the hood cap to the hood. Torque to 18 in-lbs (2 Nm).
30. Connect the V2V antenna harness to the V2V antenna.
31. Connect the GPS antenna to the display in the location labeled "GPS BLUE."
32. Continue by routing the V2V and GPS antenna wiring along each other and securing them together with a cable tie.
33. Secure the two edge clips to the tabs on the hood. Secure the hood harness at the retention locations with the cable tie portion of the clips.
34. Install the two fasteners that secure both hood trim pieces. Torque to 11 in-lbs (1.25 Nm).
35. Install the headlight and its three fasteners. Torque to 22 in-lbs (2.5 Nm).
36. Once installed, connect the headlight connector to the headlight.
37. Install the windshield by inserting the windshield pegs into the rubber grommets.
38. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged.
39. Reconnect the connector underneath, and verify it is secure.
40. Secure the two hood panel latches.
41. Reinstall both side panels by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
42. Latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure each panel.
43. Turn the key to ON, and check to make sure the display is working.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
WALKER EVANS RACING® is a registered trademark of Walker Evans Enterprises Incorporate
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.