|Required Tools and Supplies|
|17mm Wrench||Shop Rags|
|17mm Crowfoot Wrench||Safety Glasses|
|Torque Wrench||Nitrile Gloves|
For more information on tools, visit the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile.
To adjust the drive chain tension on your Polaris AXYS Switchback XCR or INDY XCR, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove both side panels by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panels out and lift up to remove.
3. Next, rotate the driven clutch counter-clockwise to its end stop to move all chain slack to the tensioner side.
4. Then lock the parking brake.
5. Next, remove the three push rivets on the right side of the console.
6. If equipped with a battery, remove the battery for additional clearance. Always remove the negative cable first to prevent arcing.
7. Next, loosen the adjuster bolt jam nut with a 17mm wrench.
8. Finger-tighten the adjuster bolt until it can no longer be adjusted by hand. Then back off one quarter of a turn.
9. Next, retighten the jam nut with a 17mm crowfoot wrench and torque to 21 ft-lbs (28 Nm) while holding the adjuster bolt.
10. If equipped, reinstall the battery, beginning with the positive cable first to prevent arcing.
11. Then reinstall the side panels by inserting the tabs at the bottom and top.
12. Finally, secure the rubber strap and the quarter-turn latches.
Looking for information on changing chaincase fluid? Read AXYS XCR Chaincase Fluid Replacement.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Caliber® is a registered trademark of Caliber, Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.