Purchase the Polaris Pro HD 4,500-Pound Winch | Purchase the Polaris Pro HD 6,000-Pound Winch
|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
|13mm and 15mm Wrenches||T25, T27, T30 and T40 TORX® Sockets|
|8mm, 10mm, 13mm and 15mm Sockets||Ratchet|
For more information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
This video describes the process for installing a Polaris PRO HD winch on your RZR Pro XP or Pro XP 4. The Polaris Pro HD 4,500-Pound Winch is part number 2883758. The Polaris Pro HD 6,000-Pound Winch is part number 2883759. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your RZR. Before installation of any accessories, read the instructions thoroughly and verify all parts and tools are accounted for. For your safety, perform all installation steps in the sequence shown and retain the instructions for future reference and parts ordering information.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and shift the transmission into PARK.
2. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the key.
3. Next, pull up on the front seat lever and pivot forward to remove the seat from the vehicle.
4. Using an 8mm socket, remove the negative battery terminal fastener and washer. Set the cable aside.
5. Removing the front grille can aid in front fascia removal.
6. For vehicles equipped with the stock bumper, remove the two fasteners from each side of the bumper fascia with a T40 TORX® socket and 10mm socket.
7. Pull the bumper fascia out from the vehicle and carefully set it aside.
8. Next, remove the two push rivets holding the front body panel to the bull bumper.
9. Then remove the four bumper bracket fasteners with a 13mm socket and carefully pull the bumper assembly with the bull bumper out of the vehicle.
10. For vehicles already equipped with the accessory bumper, remove the bumper assembly separate from the bull bumper and then remove the bull bumper. For stock bumpers, disassemble the bull bumper from the bumper brackets by removing the four bumper fasteners and nuts with a 13mm socket and wrench. Retain these fasteners for reinstallation.
11. Open the center dashboard storage compartment.
12. Pull up firmly on the bin inside to disengage the retainers. Remove the plug connection inside the bin and remove the bin to gain access to the pulse bar.
13. For accessory bumpers, install the accessory bracket onto the winch assembly with the two retained fasteners. Torque to 15 ft-lbs (20 Nm). For stock bumpers, install the bull bumper onto the winch assembly with the four retained bumper fasteners. Torque to 15 ft-lbs (20 Nm).
14. With the aid of an assistant, install the winch assembly to the chassis with the four winch mounting fasteners and two nuts. Using a 15mm socket, torque the fasteners to 33 ft-lbs (45 Nm).
15. Route the winch harness along the pre-drilled holes in the chassis. Secure with the pre-installed clips on the harness.
16. Secure the winch harness to the existing chassis harness on the vehicle with one cable tie. Use the same location where the chassis harness is mounted with an edge clip to the vehicle frame.
17. Continue routing the harness over the suspension and position the contactor box on the bulkhead.
18. Using a T27 TORX® socket, install the two outer fasteners until fully seated to align the inside mounting location. Then install the two inside screws until fully seated.
19. Feed harnesses 1.7 and 1.17 from the contactor box through the bulkhead grommet and into the vehicle.
20. Route harness 1.17 up under the dash and connect to the pulse bar.
21. Connect harness 1.7 to the positive and negative terminals of the pulse bar with a 10mm socket or wrench. Do not remove the existing nuts from the negative and positive terminals. Using a 10mm socket, secure the harness over the existing cable with two additional nuts and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
22. Locate the winch socket insert on the center console and push out to remove.
23. Install the winch remote socket harness into the console. Then install the two socket fasteners and use a T25 TORX® socket to torque until fully seated.
24. Route the socket harness up to the pulse bar and connect to the winch remote connector 1.17d.
25. For vehicles equipped with the stock bumper, remove the four bumper center fascia trim fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket and discard the trim. Then install the new winch cover trim into the front fascia with the four retained bumper fascia fasteners. Torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm). For vehicles equipped with the accessory bumper, install the bumper into the fascia support bracket with the two fasteners. Torque to 79 in-lbs (9 Nm).
26. Then secure each upper and lower arm of the bumper with the provided fasteners. Torque to 16 ft-lbs (22 Nm).
27. Reconnect the negative battery cable. Torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
28. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front bracket mounts and pushing down in the rear to engage the seat locks.
29. Reinstall the dashboard storage compartment and ensure all four retention points are secure.
30. Once finished, the wireless remote holder can be installed in your desired location on the vehicle with a T25 TORX® socket.
31. Operate the winch in both directions to test for proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.