|Required Tools and Supplies|
|1/8-Inch Allen Socket||7/16-Inch Wrench|
|7/16-Inch Crowfoot Wrench||Ratchet|
|Torque Wrench||Straight Edge|
|Tape Measure||Safety Glasses|
|Nitrile Gloves||Shop Rags|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To inspect and adjust the drive belt tension on your Polaris TITAN Adventure, follow these steps. Always measure belt deflection with both clutches at rest in their full neutral position.
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the left side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panel out and lift up to remove.
3. Remove the clutch spreader tool from the panel trim. Spread the panel trim apart as needed to access the spare belt holder.
4. Turn the latch on the spare belt holder and pull out to remove.
5. Place a straight edge on the belt.
6. Apply downward pressure between the clutches to measure the deflection. The deflection should measure 1¼ inches (3.2 cm).
7. If adjustment is needed, loosen the jam nut on the belt width adjuster with a 7/16-inch wrench.
8. With a 1/8-inch Allen socket, turn the set screw inward to increase the distance between the sheaves or outward to decrease the distance.
9. Once deflection has been set, hold the set screw and lightly tighten the jam nut.
10. Use the clutch spreader tool to spread the clutch half an inch.
11. With a 7/16-inch crowfoot wrench, torque the jam nut to 9 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
12. Remove the straight edge. Then remove the clutch spreader tool. Spin the belt clockwise five to seven times to help seat the belt.
13. Recheck belt deflection once again, and repeat this process as needed. Always remember to remove the straight edge before proceeding.
14. Reinstall the spare belt holder and secure the latch.
15. Reconnect the side panel trim, and reinstall the clutch spreader tool.
16. Secure the rubber strap and latch the two quarter-turn latches.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.