|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8mm Allen Socket||Demand Drive Fluid|
|Torque Wrench||Drain Pan|
|Shop Rags||Safety Glasses & Nitrile Gloves|
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. Always check and change the demand drive fluid at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in your vehicle's Owner's Manual. Maintain the oil level even with the bottom thread of the fill plug hole. Refer to the Gearcase Specifications Chart in the Owner's Manual for recommended lubricants, capacities and torque specifications and part numbers.
To change the demand drive fluid on your RANGER 800, RANGER 800 XP, RANGER 800 HD or RANGER CREW 800, follow these steps:
1. Safely elevate the vehicle according to your Owner's Manual guidelines. Place the vehicle in PARK.
2. Remove the front tire on the driver's side.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the drain plug on the bottom right side. . Tip: Place a shop rag in the bottom of the pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the oil to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 11 ft-lbs. (15 Nm).
11. Using a fluid filler if necessary, add the recommended fluid until the oil reaches the bottom of the threads and begins to spill out. Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for one quart.
12. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 8-10 ft-lbs. (11-13.6 Nm).
13. Check for leaks and clean any residual oil from the vehicle.
14. Reinstall the front tire and torque to the specification listed in your Owner's Manual.
15. Safely lower the vehicle.
16. Dispose of the used oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.