|Required Tools and Supplies|
|1/8-Inch Allen||7/16-Inch Wrench|
|7/16-Inch Crowfoot Wrench||Ratchet|
|Torque Wrench||Straight Edge|
|Measuring Tape||Safety Glasses|
|Nitrile Gloves||Shop Rags|
To learn about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To inspect and adjust the drive belt deflection on your model year 2022 and newer Matryx platform Voyageur, follow these steps. Before performing this procedure, always make sure both clutches are at rest in their full neutral position.
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the left side panel by turning the three quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panel away from the sled, and pull out to remove.
3. Place a straight edge on the belt.
4. Apply downward pressure between the clutches to measure the deflection. The deflection should measure 1¼ inches (3.2 cm).
5. If adjustment is needed, remove the clutch spreader tool, and spread the panels apart as needed.
6. Loosen the jam nut on the belt width adjuster with a 7/16-inch wrench.
7. Using a 1/8-inch Allen, turn the set screw inward to increase the distance between the sheaves or outward to decrease the distance.
8. Once deflection has been set, hold the set screw and lightly tighten the jam nut.
9. Spread the clutch one-half inch or about one-and-a-quarter centimeters.
10. With a 7/16-inch Crowfoot wrench, torque the jam nut to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
11. Remove the straight edge.
12. Remove the clutch spreader tool while spinning the belt clockwise and reinstall the clutch spreader tool.
13. Recheck belt deflection once again and repeat this process as needed. Always remember to remove the straight edge before proceeding.
14. Reinstall the side panel by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
15. Latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure the panel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.