Tools and Supplies Required
- 10mm Socket
- T40 Torx® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the battery on your 2022+ Patriot Boost RMK Matryx Slash, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Remove the right side-panel by turning the three (3) quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panel away from the sled and pull out to remove.
3. Using pliers, remove the push-pin rivet securing the lower right portion of the console.
4. Next, remove the fastener on the lower right side of the console with a T40 Torx® Socket.
5. Continue by pulling the lower fender out of its retention clip in the footrest.
6. Next, remove the rubber battery strap.
7. Lift the battery cover up and out of the sled.
8. Use a 10mm socket remove the negative battery cable first to prevent arcing and set aside. Note: Reinstalling the fasteners into the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
9. Then, remove the positive cable protector boot.
10. Remove the positive battery cable with a 10mm socket and set aside.
11. Continue by lifting the battery up and pull out from the snowmobile.
12. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery. A new battery is part number 4013045.
13. Clean the inside of the battery tray with a clean cloth.
14. Carefully reinstall the battery into the snowmobile.
15. Reinstall the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm) and reinstall the protector boot.
16. Then, reinstall the negative cable and torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
17. Before reassembly, verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
18. Apply a light film of dielectric grease or petroleum jelly to both terminals.
19. Carefully reinstall the battery cover, and ensure not to contact the positive terminal.
20. Continue by reinstalling the cover strap by hooking it to the tab behind the battery and then securing it to the front tab.
21. Reinstall the lower fender into the retention clip on the footrest.
22. Reinstall the lower console fastener and torque until fully seated.
23. Install the push-pin rivet on the lower right portion of the console.
24. Reinstall the side panel by inserting the upper tab and pivoting-in to engage the lower tab.
25. Latch the three (3) quarter-turn latches to secure the panel.
26. Finish by starting the snowmobile to verify the battery has been connected properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.