Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- T40 Torx® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- 3/16-Inch (3mm) Drill Bit
- Multifunction Pliers
- Rivet Tool
- Fender Rivets
- AGL Transmission Fluid (part number 2878068)
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your snowmobile. To change the transmission fluid on your ProStar S4 INDY Adventure, follow these steps
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the right side-panel by turning the three quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panel away from the sled and pull out to remove
3. Using the multifunction pliers, remove the push-pin rivet securing the lower right portion of the console.
4. Remove the fastener securing the lower right portion of the console with the T40 Torx® socket.
5. Lift the console trim up to remove the push-pin rivet underneath securing the right fender to the footrest.
6. Remove the two fasteners securing the rear of the right fender to the footrest support with the T40 Torx® socket.
7. Use light pressure and high rotation speed to drill the rivets out of the lower right fender. Use care to avoid damaging any components behind the drilling area.
8. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
9. Carefully flex the right fender downward to gain access to the drain plug.
10. Clean the area around the drain plug with a clean shop rag.
11. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
12. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
13. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
14. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
15. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
16. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The transmission fluid capacity is 24 oz (710 mL). AGL Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml).
17. Reinstall the fill plug, and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
18. Wipe up any residual fluid on the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
19. Before continuing, dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
20. Align the console with the footrest and install a new rivet.
21. Carefully reposition the right fender and reinstall the two fender fasteners. Torque to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
22. Align the fender trim with the footrest and reinstall the fastener. Torque the fastener to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
23. Reinstall the push-pin rivet securing the lower right portion of the console.
24. Reinstall the side panel by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
25. Finally, latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure the panel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.