Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Clutch Spreader Tool
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle.
To inspect or replace the drive belt on your Pro XD, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Pull up on the cargo box latch and pivot the box up.
3. Remove the eight fasteners securing the clutch cover with an 8mm socket.
4. Carefully maneuver the clutch cover out of the way as shown in the video above.
5. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. A new cover seal is part number 5526449.
6. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
7. Insert the clutch spreader tool into the threaded hole on the driven clutch. Turn the spreader clockwise to spread the clutch.
8. Carefully walk the belt off of the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
9. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed. A new belt is part number 3211218.
10. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly.
11. If replacing the belt, the part number on the belt should face outwards when installed.
12. Ensure the belt is installed in the same direction it was removed.
13. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin working it over the driven clutch sheave while spreading the sheave as needed with the spreader tool.
14. Remove the clutch spreader tool.
15. Rotate the clutch five to seven times to help seat the belt on the sheaves.
16. Reinstall the clutch cover by maneuvering the top half first, then the bottom half over the suspension.
17. Install the eight cover fasteners, and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
18. Lower the cargo bed and ensure it is secure.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.