Towing a Polaris XPEDITION is not recommended. Always transport the vehicle on a trailer or flatbed with all four wheels off the ground.
If towing a disabled vehicle is unavoidable, place the disabled vehicle’s transmission in neutral. Tow the shortest distance possible. Do not operate faster than 10 miles per hour (16 km/h).
Transporting the Vehicle
Follow these procedures when transporting the vehicle:
1. Place the transmission in PARK. Stop the engine.
2. Slowly release the brake pedal and make sure the transmission is in PARK before exiting the vehicle.
3. Remove the key to prevent loss during transporting.
4. Secure the fuel cap, hood, doors and cargo box. Ensure that the seats are attached correctly and are not loose. Warning: Cargo and other loose vehicle parts may fly off while transporting this vehicle. Secure or remove all cargo, and inspect the unit for loose parts prior to transport. When transporting vehicle in non-enclosed trailer, vehicle must FACE FORWARD. Windshield and all windows, doors and rear liftgate (if equipped) must be FULLY CLOSED and LATCHED. Failure to comply may allow airflow, vibration or other factors to separate the windshield, doors, roof or rear liftgate (if equipped) from vehicle and cause an accident, resulting in serious injury or death.
5. Always tie the frame (1) of the vehicle to the transporting unit securely with suitable straps or rope. Do not attach tie straps to the front A-arm bolt pockets.
For more information about the Polaris XPEDITION, read 2024 Polaris XPEDITION XP and ADV Overview.
Consult your Owner's Manual for specifics as well as transportation guidelines.
Read Choosing the Right Trailer for more information about trailers.
To learn more about choosing a trailer and proper trailering techniques, listen to the Happy Trailering to You and Your ORV episode of the Polaris Podcast.
For assistance, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.