Required Tools and Supplies
- 26mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Ignition Switch (part number 4016135)
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR.
To remove and install the ignition switch on your RZR Trail or Trail S, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Hold the ignition switch from behind the console and carefully loosen and remove the switch nut with a 26mm socket.
3. Push the switch back through the hole in the console and pivot out to gain access to the connector.
4. Lift the tab on the connector and pull back to disconnect from the ignition switch. Tip: A flat-head screwdriver can be used to aid in releasing the connector tab.
5. Ensure the seal on the connector is not damaged and is fully seated.
6. Connect the connector to the ignition switch and ensure it is fully seated.
7. Align the notch above the switch with the notch in the console.
8. Reinstall the ignition switch through the console and secure with the retained nut.
9. Torque the nut to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
10. Finally, insert the key and verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.