Required Tools and Supplies
- Shop Rags
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Driven Clutch Spreader Tool
- 8mm and 1/4-Inch Sockets
- Torque Wrench
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your Polaris RZR.
To inspect or replace the drive belt on your RZR XP Turbo or RZR XP 4 Turbo, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Using a 1/4-inch socket, loosen the PVT duct clamp on the outer PVT cover.
4. Remove the PVT intake duct from the cover and move it out of the way.
5. Loosen the nine outer clutch cover fasteners with an 8mm socket.
6. Carefully maneuver the clutch cover out of the vehicle.
7. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5416207.
8. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
9. Insert the clutch spreader tool from the vehicle tool kit into the threaded hole on the driven clutch and turn clockwise to spread clutch.
10. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
11. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if necessary. The drive belt is part number
12. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly. Warning: Failure to remove ALL debris when replacing the belt could result in vehicle damage, loss of control and severe injury or death.
13. If replacing the belt, the part number on the belt should face outward when installed. The belt is part number 3211202.
14. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave.
15. Remove the driven clutch spreader tool.
16. Spin the driven clutch five to seven times to seat the belt.
17. Carefully reinstall the clutch cover, ensuring the cover seal is fully seated.
18. Install the nine clutch cover fasteners. Torque to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
19. Reinstall the PVT duct. Torque the hose clamp to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.