Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
- Drain Pan
- Demand Drive Fluid
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your RZR XP.
To change the front gearcase fluid on your RZR XP, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase drain plug. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
4. Remove the front gearcase fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary. New O-rings are part number WW.
9. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 8-10 ft-lbs (11-14 Nm).
10. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is between 10.1 and 11.8 ounces (300-350 ml).
11. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug, and torque to 8-10 ft-lbs (11-14 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.