Required Tools and Supplies
- Ratchet with Extension
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 24mm Socket
- 5mm Allen Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 6mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Tape Measure
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR.
To install the spare tire rack on your RZR XP, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Identify the left and right pivot brackets.
3. Install the pivot brackets with pivot clamps and four fasteners for each clamp assembly with a 5mm Allen socket.
4. Measure the distance between the clamp assembly and top edge of the ROPS joint. It should measure 4.9 inches (125mm). Make adjustments as needed.
5. Repeat this process on the other side.
6. Measure the distance between the left and right clamp assemblies. It should measure 32.3 inches (822mm). Make adjustments as needed.
7. Loosely install the pivot pin.
8. Align the spare tire rack between the pivot brackets.
9. Push the pivot brackets against the tire rack and install pivot pins by hand adding the bushings. Put the bushing over the pin and onto the pivot bracket.
10. Install pivot pins, and torque to 60 ft-lbs (81 Nm) with a 24mm socket. Note: Make sure there is no gap between the bushing and pivot bracket for the best fitment.
11. Measure the distance between the clamp assembly and the top edge of the ROPS joint. It should measure 4.9 inches (125mm). Make adjustments as needed.
12. Torque all pivot bracket fasteners to 16 ft-lbs (22 Nm) with a 5mm Allen socket.
13. Identify the left striker bracket and right striker bracket.
14. Install each striker pin with two screws. Counter-hold one screw and torque the other to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm) with a T40 TORX® socket.
15. Install striker brackets with striker clamps and two fasteners for each clamp assembly with a 5mm Allen socket.
16. Make sure the latch is perpendicular to the striker. Adjust striker assembly on ROPS as needed.
17. Measure the distance between the pivot clamp assembly and striker clamp assembly. It should measure 15.3 inches (390mm). Make adjustments as needed.
18. Torque the striker clamp fasteners to 16 ft-lbs (22 Nm) with a 6mm Allen socket.
19. Center the latch on the striker. Torque the latch screws and nuts to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm) with a T40 TORX® socket, 6mm wrench and 10mm Allen socket.
20. Install one strut with the rod facing down on each side with a 11mm wrench.
21. Check the operation of the latch by pulling the actuator cable rearward to simultaneously release latches from the strikers.
22. To carry a spare tire, use the three-point tire strap.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.