Required Tools and Supplies
- 13mm Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- T27 TORX® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- 5/16-Inch Drill Bit
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR.
To install the glass windshield kit on your RZR XP, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Release the quick clamps at the front of the roof, if equipped with poly roof. If you don't have an assistant to help, wedge a block under the roof to gain clearance to add the windshield.
3. Remove and keep the hardware from the two front mounts.
4. Remove the two screws from the center hood. Remove the hood towards the rear. Note: Vehicles equipped with wiper kit will have thumb screws; they will have TORX® screws if not.
5. Center the bracket at the bottom of the windshield opening and mark the holes for drilling.
6. Drill five holes with a 5/16-inch drill bit. Important: Control drill depth to 1/4 inch.
7. Attach the bracket using five push pin rivets.
8. Install the glass windshield assembly onto the bracket and gently lay the windshield on the ROPS opening. Make sure the windshield assembly fits behind the bracket.
9. Attach the glass windshield at the top of the ROPS using two screws and nuts. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm) with a 13 mm socket and T40 TORX® socket.
10. Install the windshield clamps on the mounting pins, then attach the windshield clamps with screws. Torque to 40 in-lbs (4.5 Nm) with a T27 TORX® socket.
11. Before putting the poly roof clamps in place, be sure to remove the block, if you used one for lifting needs, then lock into position.
12. Install the center hood and tighten thumb screws until fully seated. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.