Follow the steps below or watch the video below to install the Chase Light. For more information or to find replacement part numbers, view the Chase Light Mount Kit installation instructions.
Required Tools and Supplies
- 10mm Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 3mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Trim Tool
- Side Cutters
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- Measuring Tape
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when working on your Polaris RZR.
To install the Chase Light onto your 2022+ RZR Pro R, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level, surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Route the driver’s seat harness out of the way to aid in seat removal.
3. Pull up on the front seat lever and pivot forward to remove the seat from the vehicle.
4. Repeat this process for the other seat.
5. On four-seat models, remove both rear backrests by pushing on the lever behind the headrest and lift the backrests out.
6. Pivot the bottom of the seats forward.
7. Disconnect the battery by routing the harness out of the way and removing the negative cable with a 10mm socket first to prevent arcing.
8. Open the center dashboard storage compartment. Pull the compartment up and out of the dashboard by disengaging the retention tabs. If needed, a trim tool may be used in the area marked “LIFT HERE” to help disengage the retention tabs.
9. If equipped, push the grommet on the USB harness through the hole in the compartment, and remove the USB to remove the compartment.
10. Release the four quarter-turn latches on the upper rear close-off panel. Lift the panel up and pivot out around the seat harnesses to remove.
11. Turn the two quarter-turn latches on the lower rear close-off panel.
12. Open the center console and release the two quarter-turn latches inside.
13. Lift the lower close-off panel with the storage compartment off the center console as an assembly.
14. On four-seat models, release the two quarter-turn latches on the lower, rear close-off panel and remove the panel.
15. Using a pliers, remove and retain the two push-pin rivets from each side of the seat panel.
16. Using a T40 TORX® socket, remove and retain the eleven seat panel fasteners.
17. Unclip the rear trim piece.
18. Unclip the bottom of the harnesses and route out of the way.
19. Disengage the retention tabs at the rear of the panel.
20. Carefully lift the panel up and out of the vehicle to remove.
21. Tilt the seat bottoms back to their original position.
22. Using a T40 TORX® socket, remove and retain the two longer, upper fasteners from the center console.
23. Using a T40 TORX® remove and retain the four shorter fasteners on the sides of the console.
24. With a pliers, remove and retain the four push-pin rivets on the sides of the console.
25. Using a trim tool, disengage the retention tabs on the console trim and pull the trim out to remove.
26. Disengage the retention tabs on the console and carefully lifting up and out to remove.
27. Using a pliers, remove and retain both push-pin rivets from the center console behind the cupholder.
28. With a T40 TORX® socket, remove and retain the eight fasteners on the side of the center console.
29. Remove and retain the right-hand fuse block fastener with a 10mm socket.
30. Remove the push-pin rivet in the driver’s side footwell with a pliers.
31. Using a 10mm socket, loosen but do not remove the left-hand fuse block fastener.
32. Rotate the fuse block upwards to access the push-pin rivet underneath.
33. Use a pliers to remove and retain the push-pin rivet.
34. Remove the eight fasteners on the other side of the center console.
35. Use a pliers to remove and retain the two push-pin rivets on the passenger side of the center console.
36. If equipped, carefully press in on the LED light tabs with a flathead screwdriver to push them through center console trim on both sides.
37. Disconnect the 12-volt power socket connectors.
38. Carefully lift the center panel upwards and disengage the retention tabs from the side panels using a trim tool. Begin on the passenger side to ease the process due to the foot pedals on the driver’s side.
39. Pull the bottom of side panels out to disengage the upper retention tabs on the center console.
40. Continue working the panels away from the center console trim while disengaging the retention tabs until the panels are free.
41. Pull the panels away from the console and lift out to remove.
42. Carefully route the pulse bar connector and the fuse block through the opening in the accessory mounting panel under the center dashboard.
43. Move to the pulse bar and remove the connector cover.
44. Connect the pulse bar connector to the pulse bar.
45. Press the fuse block into the accessory mounting panel.
46. Remove the switch blank from the dashboard.
47. Carefully route the switch connector through the dashboard and connect the switch to the connector.
48. Press the switch into the dashboard until it clicks into place.
49. Route the harness down the center of the vehicle, along the main harness and towards the brake light.
50. On four seat models, route the light harness down the center of the vehicle, along the main harness and beneath the rear seat panel.
51. Route the light bar harness along the main harness towards the brake light harness on the right side of the vehicle. The brake light harness is routed along the right, rear chassis frame and along the crossbar behind the seats. Use this as a guideline when routing the light bar harness.
52. Route the chassis harness connector and brake harness connector under the crossbar and back to the brake light harness.
53. Disconnect the brake light harness from the chassis harness.
54. Connect the chassis harness connector on the new harness to the existing chassis harness.
55. Connect the brake harness on the new harness to the existing brake harness.
56. Insert two square nuts into both the top and bottom rail of the chase light and slide the nuts inward.
57. Hook the ends of two rubber bumpers into the sides of the preferred mounts and press the other end into place.
58. Align the mount with the nuts and loosely install the four provided fasteners with a 3mm Allen socket.
59. Repeat this process for the other mount.
60. Position the mounts 2-1/2” (63.5mm) away from the end caps.
61. Torque the fasteners to 6 in-lbs (1 Nm).
62. If equipped, remove the two fasteners on each side of the roof with a T40 TORX® socket.
63. Place two clamps around the rear cross beam with the nut cutouts on top.
64. Using a 3mm Allen socket, install the two fasteners up through the clamp and loosely secure with two nuts. Ensure the nuts are only threaded onto the very top of the fastener.
65. Once completed, repeat this process for the other clamp.
66. Align the two mounts with the clamps and install the clamp ends so the fasteners slide in between the mount openings. If needed, an assistant may be used to help with the light bar mounting process.
67. Adjust the light bar to the desired position, and torque the fasteners to 6 in-lbs (1 Nm).
68. Route the light harness up through the side panel and towards the light bar.
69. Connect the chase light harness connector to the chase light bar.
70. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery, and torque the fastener to 42 in-lbs (5 Nm).
71. Turn the vehicle to ON to ensure proper operation of the light.
72. Secure the harness to the ROPS pillar using a panduit strap and side cutters.
73. Collect any excess harness and secure any portion away from heat sources and moving parts with a panduit strap and side cutters. Use particular care to ensure the harness is routed away from the prop shaft.
74. Reinstall the two roof fasteners on each side, and torque to 11 ft-lbs (15 Nm).
75. Carefully lift the passenger-side center panel upwards and position near the center console.
76. Before continuing, ensure the LEDs are located on the correct side. The harness will have white labels indicating which side they should be inserted into.
77. Reach behind the panel and press the right LED into place.
78. Align the mounting tabs and pivot the panel into place.
79. Install the two push-pin rivets into the front passenger side of the center panel.
80. Reinstall the eight fasteners, and torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm).
81. Carefully lift the driver-side center panel upwards and position near the center console.
82. Reach behind the panel and press the left LED into place.
83. Pivot the panel in place and securing the retention tabs. A trim tool may be used to help align the upper retention tabs on the side panel.
84. Reinstall the push-pin rivet into the driver’s side of the center panel under the fuse block.
85. Reinstall the other push-pin rivet into the front of the panel.
86. Rotate the fuse block down to align the mounting hole.
87. Reinstall the fuse block fastener, and torque to 31 in-lbs (3.5 Nm).
88. Reinstall the eight panel fasteners, and torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm).
89. Firmly press the center console down onto the side panels to secure the retention tabs.
90. Reinstall the two push-pin rivets at the rear of the console.
91. Before continuing, reconnect the 12-volt power socket connectors.
92. On four-seat models, reinstall the rear center console and align the mounting holes.
93. Align the console trim and re-engage the retention tabs.
94. Reinstall the four retained push-pin rivets on the sides of the console.
95. Reinstall the four shorter, lower fasteners on the sides of the console. Torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm).
96. Reinstall the two longer, upper fasteners into the console. Torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm).
97. Re-engage the mounting tabs on the seat panel and align the mounting holes.
98. Clip the bottom of the harnesses into the attachment points on the vehicle chassis. Ensure the clips are secure before moving on.
99. Reinstall the panel trim.
100. Reinstall the eleven retained fasteners, and torque to 89 in-lbs (10 Nm).
101. Reinstall the push-pin rivets into both sides of the seat panel.
102. Reinstall the lower close-off panel and engage the lower retaining tabs. Then turn the two quarter-turn latches.
103. Reinstall the upper close-off panel and engage the lower retaining tabs. Then turn the four quarter-turn latches.
104. Tilt the rear seat bottoms up into position.
105. Align the lower mounting tabs on the backrest assembly into the seat base and press the backrest down and back until the headrest engages with the receiver tube.
106. Reinstall the lower close-off panel and center console by pivoting around the seat harnesses and engaging the lower retaining tabs. Then secure the two quarter-turn latches.
107. Turn both quarter-turn latches to secure the compartment to the center console.
108. Continue by pivoting the upper close-off panel around the seat harnesses and engaging the lower retaining tabs. Then secure the four quarter-turn latches.
109. Reinsert the USB into the storage compartment and press the grommet into place.
110. Lower the storage compartment into the dashboard cavity and firmly press the retainers into place.
111. Reinstall the seats by aligning the front alignment tabs and pushing down on the rear to engage the rear latch.
Chase Light Operation
- To power the lights on move the switch to the middle position. To turn the light off, move the switch to the down position.
- To change the chase light mode, toggle the switch up.
- To change the brake mode, turn the vehicle on in a well-ventilated area. Then press and hold the brake pedal while simultaneously pressing the switch upward to cycle through the brake modes.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Rigid® is a registered trademark of JST Performance, LLC d/b/a Rigid Industries, LLC
FOX® is a registered trademark of Fox Factory Inc.
Sub Zero® is a registered trademark of Indiana Mills & Manufacturing, Inc.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.