Required Tools and Supplies
- T25 TORX® Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For more information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR.
This kit requires the pre-installation of the Dual Battery Kit (part number 2884347) to support the vehicle's power needs.
These installation instructions are a prerequisite for installing the Audio Roof Kit by Rockford Fosgate® (part number 2889711) if your vehicle is equipped with both speakers and RIDE COMMAND. This allows the new roof speakers to communicate with the RIDE COMMAND unit. Once you have installed the DSP module, continue the audio roof installation with 2020+ RZR Pro XP and 2022+ Turbo R Audio Roof Kit Installation.
To install the DSP Module on your RZR Pro XP or RZR Turbo R, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove any existing roof accessories.
3. If not already installed, install the Dual Battery Kit (part number 2884347).
4. Remove the driver’s seat. Pull up on lever, tilt seat forward and pull back slightly to disengage, then lift seat up and remove.
5. Loosen the negative battery cable fastener first to prevent arcing and set the cable aside. Note: Disconnect the battery cable from both batteries with a 10mm socket.
6. If the vehicle is equipped with factory-installed Rockford Fosgate® audio (controlled by RIDE COMMAND or PMX-P2 in-dash head unit), start by removing the two hood fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket. Move hood towards rear of vehicle to remove.
7. Remove two top dashboard fasteners from the front of the vehicle with a T40 TORX® socket.
8. Carefully pull up to remove left, center and right dashboard trim pieces. Tip: Release the steering tilt lock for improved access. Opening the glove box will aid in removal.
9. Open the glove box lid and remove the four dashboard fasteners around the glove box opening with a T25 TORX® socket. Tip: Support glove box from underneath when removing fasteners.
10. Remove and keep the three front dashboard fasteners around the glove box opening with a T40 TORX® socket.
11. Tilt the steering wheel down and remove the four dashboard fasteners surrounding the steering wheel with a T40 TORX® socket.
12. Locate the cover at the base of the driver’s side A-pillar. Pull cover and speaker up the A-pillar to access the hole at the base of the A-pillar.
13. Carefully lift the edge of the front hood panels to release the tabs from the dashboard.
14. Carefully keep panels up-and-away from tabs and remove dashboard top by tilting rear section up and pulling out toward the rear.
15. Install the RIDE COMMAND adapter harness module on firewall in front of steering wheel and screw in the four screws. Torque to 27 in-lbs (3 Nm).
16. Route the harness to the amplifier in front of the RIDE COMMAND head unit.
17. Disconnect the existing connector from amplifier. Install connector of harness to amplifier. Connect connector to the existing connector that was removed from the amplifier.
18. Remove plug from the 4-pin connector. Install plug to the connector of the harness.
19. For vehicles with RIDE COMMAND, you can now put the dashboard back together by carefully lifting panels up-and-away from tabs and install dashboard top into place by tilting rear section up and installing front section first, then lower the rear section into place.
20. Make sure the tabs on the panel are aligned in the slots on the dashboard top.
21. Install the four retained screws through the dashboard top, and torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
22. Install the front of the dashboard with three retained dashboard fasteners. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
23. Open the glove box lid and reinstall the storage compartment with four retained dashboard fasteners around the glove box opening. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
24. Install retained left, center and right dashboard trim pieces.
25. Push the A-pillar boot cover back into proper location. Tip: Lubricant can be used in aid of seating covers into the panel.
26. Reinstall the two retained front dashboard fasteners into the front edge on the top of the dashboard. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
27. Reinstall the hood panel with the two retained fasteners, and torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
28. Now that the DSP module is installed, refer to 2020+ RZR Pro XP and 2022+ Turbo R Audio Roof Kit Installation for the next steps.
View the full line of Polaris audio options or visit your local Polaris Dealer for more information.
Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Rockford Fosgate® is a registered trademark of Rockford Corporation
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.