This video is meant to familiarize the rider with the location of information and components on a Polaris XPEDITION ADV and ADV 5.
This video looks at the:
- 0:27 Front of the vehicle (near-field communication chip embedded in the Polaris emblem, which connects you to a digital platform of vehicle information and tools, front view camera, auxiliary port, winch if equipped)
- 0:50 Front grille, which can be removed to clean the front of the radiator.
- 0:58 Hood, which can be removed by releasing the rubber straps and pivoting back to remove. (Underneath the hood you’ll find the pulse bar)
- 1:09 Front of the vehicle (front shock assembly with pre-load adjustment and compression adjustment, upper and lower A-arm assemblies, axle with CV joints, tie rod assembly, sway bar link, upper and lower ball joints)
- 1:36 Upper wheel well (headlight adjustment, brake fluid reservoir)
- 1:42 Driver’s side of the vehicle (driver’s door, which can be opened by pulling the handle out)
- 1:49 Bottom of the front seats (seat adjustment lever to allow forward and backward movement)
- 1:57 Driver’s seat (lower speaker, diagnostic plug, headlight switch, a tilting or telescoping steering column lever, key switch, instrument cluster with navigation and mode buttons, upper speaker)
- 2:27 Center console (rear view mirror (if equipped), display powered by RIDE COMMAND (if equipped), all-wheel drive and differential lock switch, 3-mode Throttle Control Switch, winch switch (if equipped), accessory switch plugs, storage tray, lower storage tray, gear shift lever, cup holders, passenger handle, accessory switch plugs, lockable storage compartment between the seats)
- 3:09 Storage compartment will reveal (12-volt accessory outlet, USB port, storage liner, fuse panels)
- 3:27 Battery access panel under the driver’s seat.
- 3:35 Passenger side of the dash (upper speaker, upper storage compartment where you will find a USB port and the vehicle tool kit)
- Tool kit (Spark Plug Socket, 8mm and 10mm open end wrench, spare fuses, multifunction pliers, tire pressure gauge, hex driver handle, T40 TORX® driver, T27 TORX® driver, T25 TORX® driver)
- 3:52 Passenger footwell (lower speaker, lower storage compartment, subwoofer)
- 4:02 Drain holes on the floors.
- 4:06 Rear passenger area (doors, which can be opened by pulling the handle out on five seat models, 12-volt auxiliary outlet, two cupholders, rear passenger seatbacks, which can be pivoted down by pulling on the red strap on the backside of the seats to create more storage space)
- 4:33 Rear upper speakers above the seats.
- 4:36 Fuel cap, which is on the passenger side of the vehicle next to the passenger seat.
- 4:44 Rear pillars (the PVT (driver’s side) and engine air ducts)
- 4:49 Cargo box area (air filter, clutch cover, clutch cover drain plug, oil cap, oil dipstick, oil filter)
- 5:03 Coolant overflow bottle, which can be accessed by releasing the latch on the driver’s rear fender and sliding the panel towards the front of the vehicle to remove.
- 5:11 Tailgate (lift up on the latch to lower, rear camera)
- 5:19 Storage bed (tie-down points on both sides, Lock and Ride Max channel system, engine access panel which has the oil cap and spark plugs)
- 5:52 Rear suspension (rear shock assembly with pre-load adjustment, shock compression adjustment, upper and lower A-arms, axle with CV boots, sway bar link)
- 6:00 Rear of the vehicle (spark arrestor, tow hitch)
- 6:07 Grease zerk on the prop shaft center yoke. This is accessible through a hole in the skid plate.
- 6:14 Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) label locations. Always read all warning labels on your vehicle before riding. A detailed list can be found in your Owner’s Manual.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
JBL® is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.