Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- AGL Transmission Fluid
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Filler
- Shop Rags
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris XPEDITION. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual.
To change the transmission fluid on your Polaris XPEDITION XP or ADV, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug on the back of the transmission
4. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
5. Move underneath the vehicle and locate the drain plug through the hole in the skid plate.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
10. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
11. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. One gallon of AGL Automatic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878069.
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug, and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Finally, dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.