Required Tools and Supplies
- 6mm Allen Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- T40 TORX®
- 15mm Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Pry Tool
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the front bumper on your Polaris XPEDITION, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove the bull bumper by first removing the two lower screws with a 13mm socket.
3. Remove the four screws and nuts from the upper mounting points with a 13mm socket and 15mm socket. Tip: Remove rear upper screw to gain better access to the front upper screw.
4. Remove the bull bumper by pulling forward.
5. To remove the front fascia, remove the two screws with a T40 TORX®.
6. Remove the two push-pin rivets from the underside of the front fascia with multi-function pliers.
7. Remove by pulling the fascia forward and set it aside.
8. Install the front plate by lowering the plate onto the top of the HD bumper. Note: If you will also be installing the 6000 lb. winch, do not install this plate.
9. Hand-tighten the two screws from the rear side of the bumper to hold the plate. Do not torque fasteners at this time.
10. Hand-tighten the two screws to hold the plate, through the openings in the front of the bumper. Torque to 80 in-lbs (9 Nm).
11. To install the HD front bumper, remove the push-pin harness clip from the upper left mounting bracket on the frame with a pry tool.
12. Install the bumper onto the vehicle. The middle and upper mounting points should line up with the frame. The middle mounting points should slide into the bracket in the vehicle frame. The upper mounting point will wrap around the left and right side of the bracket on the vehicle frame.
13. Install the four screws and four nuts to secure the middle mounting points. Hand tighten the screws. Do not torque at this time.
14. Install two screws and two nuts to secure the upper mounting points. Hand tighten the screws. Do not torque at this time. Repeat on the other side.
15. Install two screws in the lower mounting holes. Hand tighten the screws. Do not torque at this time. Note: If the machine is equipped with a snowplow mounting plate, install two additional screws in the lower mounting holes. Hand tighten the screws.
16. Torque the middle mounting screws to 30 ft-lbs (40 Nm).
17. Torque the lower mounting screws to 30 ft-lbs (40 Nm).
18. Torque the upper mounting screws to 30 ft-lbs (40 Nm).
19. Install the push-pin harness clip into the upper left mounting bracket.
20. To install the tube loop, start by adding the six screws on the top of the HD bumper. Torque to 30 ft-lbs (40 Nm) with a 6mm Allen socket.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.