This video goes over the installation of the 2-seat HD Extreme Kick-Out Rock Sliders (part number 2884495-458) or Low Profile Rock Sliders (part number 2884496-458) or the 5-seat HD Extreme Kick-Out Rock Sliders (part number 2884497-458) or Low Profile Rock Sliders (part number 2889357-458). Read the installation instructions for more information.
Required Tools and Supplies
- Hole Saw: 1 3/4 Inch (44mm)
- Drill Bit: 3/16 Inch (5mm)
- 15mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Utility Knife
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the Rock Slider Kit on your Polaris XPEDITION, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key. Note: Reference the written instructions for your specific vehicle and slider kit before drilling holes.
2. Find and mark the centers of the holes that are needed for the rock sliders.
3. Drill a pilot hole at the center of each hole with a 3/16-inch (5mm) drill bit.
4. Cut each desired hole with the hole saw. Note: The rocker panel is approximately .16 inch thick. Control the depth of your cut to avoid nicking or cutting the frame of the vehicle.
5. Use a deburr tool to smooth the hole edges.
6. Add a washer onto the screw.
7. Insert the screw into the mounting pocket on the rock slider.
8. The screw will pass through an unthreaded wedge lock anchor into a threaded wedge lock anchor. Note the orientation of the wedge anchor. The anchor will expand in the forward and backward direction when tightened.
9. Tighten the screw until the wedge anchor can barely move in all directions. Do not torque at this time. Tip: Unthreaded and threaded wedge lock anchors are shipped glued together. If the glued joint is disassembled, hold the two pieces together by wrapping the joint with a thin layer of tape.
10. Repeat for each wedge lock anchor location.
11. Insert the assembled rock slider into the anchor pockets in the vehicle frame.
12. Tightly hold the rock slider to the frame of the vehicle and tighten each wedge lock anchor with a 15mm socket until snug.
13. Apply heavy inward pressure while torquing the screws. Torque each wedge lock anchor to 74 ft-lbs (100 Nm). This will help seat the anchor in the frame.
14. Loosen each wedge rock anchor by a maximum of one turn. Retighten each anchor to 50 ft-lbs (68 Nm). Repeat on the other side.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.