Required Tools and Supplies
- T40 TORX®
- 5mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Eye Protection
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the Crossbar Rail Kit on your Polaris XPEDITION, follow these steps.
1. Start by parking the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Begin by installing screws and t-nuts into the rail mount. Do not torque at this time.
3. Loosely assemble the mount to the crossbar rail. Do not tighten screws at this time.
4. Install the Lock & Ride MAX latching assembly. Note: Check the spring alignment and orientation when installing the latching assembly.
5. Torque the latching assembly screws to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm) with a 5mm Allen socket.
6. Install the crossbar to the rail through the port holes. If needed, adjust the mounts to match the distance from rail to rail. When the mounts are positioned properly, lock the latching assembly in place by closing the levers. Note: Make sure the latching assembly is fully clear of the port openings in the rail prior to locking in place.
7. Torque screws to 16 ft-lbs (22 Nm) with a T40 TORX® socket. Note: The Lock and Ride MAX latching assemblies can be reversed to create different crossbar rail configurations.
8. Re-torque the latching assembly screws to specification after the initial 100 miles of use.
9. Re-torque the screws at 500 mile intervals after the initial re-torque.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.