Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Clutch Spreader Tool
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
- Drive Belt (part number 3211186)
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle.
To inspect or replace the drive belt on your Pro XD Full-Size Diesel, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK, pull the parking brake and remove the key.
2. Clean the area around the clutch cover with a clean shop towel.
3. Remove and retain the nine fasteners securing the clutch cover with an 8mm socket.
4. Carefully pull the clutch cover forward and slide it toward the front of the vehicle to remove.
5. Rotate the clutch cover back and lift up over the control arm mounting. Tip: Use care when lifting the clutch cover upwards. Do not damage the cover, intake boot or electrical harness.
6. Pull the clutch cover out towards the rear of the vehicle.
7. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary.
8. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
9. Insert the clutch spreader tool into the threaded hole on the driven clutch. Turn the spreader clockwise to spread the clutch.
10. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
11. Inspect the belt for fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns, thin spots or excessive wear. Replace if needed to eliminate noise, vibration or erratic PVT operation. A new belt is part number 3211186.
12. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly.
13. Ensure the belt is installed in the same direction it was removed.
14. With the clutch spreader tool installed, loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin working it over the driven clutch.
15. Rotate the driven clutch and walk the belt into the clutch.
16. Remove the clutch spreader tool from the driven clutch.
17. Rotate the driven clutch and belt approximately five to seven times to properly seat the belt into the driven clutch.
18. Install the clutch cover into the wheel well by rotating the clutch cover over the A-arm. Tip: Use care not to damage the intake boots or electrical harness.
19. Pull the clutch cover backwards and align with the bolt holes on the inner clutch cover.
20. Install the nine retained cover fasteners, and torque to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.