This video goes over the installation of the Lock & Ride MAX Rear Storage Box (part number 2884712).
Required Tools and Supplies
- 5mm Allen Socket
- 10mm Socket
- 10mm Crowfoot
- Torque Wrench
- Eye Protection
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the cargo box on your Polaris XPEDITION XP or ADV, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Loosely install the bracket and three screws on the side of the cargo box. Repeat on the other side.
3. Remove two screws from the bottom of the Lock & Ride MAX latching assembly. Install one latching assembly to each bracket, and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm) with a 5mm Allen socket. Note: Check the spring alignment and orientation while installing the latching assembly.
4. Lift the lever to open the latch assembly. Repeat on the other side.
5. Lower the cargo box into the vehicle bed. The bottom of the latching assembly must pass through the port hole in the bed rail.
6. Slide the cargo box to the desired position in the bed and close the lever. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm) with a 10mm socket and 10mm Crowfoot. Note: The maximum load for the cargo box is one hundred pounds, evenly distributed.
7. Install the plugs in the bottom of the cargo box.
8. Re-torque the latching assembly screws to specification after the initial one hundred miles of use. Re-torque the screws at five-hundred-mile intervals after the initial re-torque.
View the instructions for this kit by searching the Polaris Accessory Installation Instruction Site.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.