|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Spark Plug Wrench||Ratchet|
|13/16-Inch Spark Plug Socket||T30 TORX® Socket|
|Torque Wrench||Shop Rags|
|Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your Polaris TITAN Adventure, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove each side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches.
3. Pull the panels out and lift up to remove.
4. Disconnect the two hood latches.
5. Disconnect the gauge connector and remove the hood from the sled.
6. Remove the spark plug wrench from its holder.
7. Use a T30 TORX® socket remove the two fasteners retaining the load center and mount to the radiator.
8. Carefully move the load center to the side. Be sure not to strain or damage the wire harness when moving the load center.
9. Then clean the area around the spark plugs to prevent debris from falling into the engine.
10. Carefully remove both spark plug leads.
11. Using the spark plug wrench, loosen the two spark plugs and remove them from the vehicle.
12. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup.
13. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should be 0.027 inches (0.7 mm).
14. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. The spark plug is NGK BPR 9ES, which is part number 3022082. The ProStar S4 engine uses part number 3022662.
15. Install the spark plugs into the engine. Use a 13/16-inch crowfoot wrench to torque to 18 to 22 ft-lbs (24 to 30 Nm). You can also finger-tighten and use the spark plug wrench to turn it an additional 1/2 to 2/3 of a turn.
16. Reinstall the spark plug leads, and ensure they are secure.
17. Carefully reposition the load center and align the mounting holes.
18. Reinstall the two fasteners. Torque to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm).
19. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged.
20. Reconnect the connector underneath, and verify it is secure.
21. Continue by securing the two hood panel latches.
22. Reinstall both side panels by inserting the tabs on the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and latch the two quarter-turn latches.
23. Start the engine to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries, Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.